In less than a month, Google will make a significant algorithm change that will impact more mobile sites than previous updates. This advanced warning gives marketers time to get out in front of the change before it impacts their rankings. In lieu of “Mobile-geddon” panic and “End of Days” predictions, your friends at Pure Oxygen Labs would like to share 5 helpful tips to weather this algorithm storm.
- Audit your mobile presence – Google offers a mobile tool that tells you whether individual pages are mobile friendly, but it doesn’t take in account Google’s own mobile SEO requirements for mdot, responsive, or dynamic serving sites. For the full picture and a more complete audit, use our free tool, Mobile Page Analyzer. NOTE: Contact us directly to conduct a complete mobile SEO audit of 10k+ pages or more.
- Achieve mobile friendliness – To avoid being labeled mobile unfriendly, take steps to adhere to Google’s mobile rules. This includes ensuring your users are directed to pages that don’t require pinching and zooming, horizontal scrolling, or incompatible software like Flash.
- Optimize key mobile signals – The #1-ranked mobile site gets 3x the clicks so protect your rankings by optimizing redirects, “rel” alternate and canonical link tags, page weight and download speed.
- Add app deeplink support – Nowadays, it’s not enough to make sure your site is mobile-friendly. You also need to pave the way to your app with an app-friendly deeplink. Learn how adaptive links can drive app engagement and m-commerce conversions.
- Get app content indexed – Google recently began factoring Android app indexing into how businesses are ranked in natural search results. Got an Android app? It’s time to add deeplink support to your app.
Do Your Android App Pages Rank for Top Mobile Keywords?
App indexation is an exciting new opportunity to drive Android app engagement from mobile search queries. To take advantage, make sure your Android manifest.xml supports deeplinks. You’ll boost Android app usage from Google – and every other channel including email, social media, and direct-load mobile web traffic! Learn more.
Overwhelmed by scope of all these mobile-friendly requirements? Fear not. We live and breathe this stuff, and we want to help. Get in touch.